JOIN OUR DOJO!
Hiring Front-end Web Developer
Posted May 10, 2018
At BONE, you won’t be stuck in a cubicle – it’s all about collaboration. You’ll be an essential part of a fast-paced team working on multiple web projects from start to finish…. Always new, always interesting.
This is a contract position – 20-40hrs/week depending on experience.
Required skills & experience
- Experience developing sites with WordPress, with a demonstrated ability to create real-world web solutions
- Expertise in coding WordPress themes from scratch to implement custom designs
- Well-rounded knowledge of key web technologies including HTML5 and CSS3
- Intermediate knowledge of PHP and ability to develop WordPress plugins
- Knowledge of SASS/SCSS
- Expertise in Responsive Web Design
- Intermediate knowledge of LAMP stack and development tools including Git
- Familiarity with cPanel
- Experience updating and maintaining sites: backing up files and databases, updating WordPress core and plugins, updating custom WordPress themes
- You appreciate and can implement good design and best UI practices
- Participate in all areas of project development (wireframing, development, testing, etc.)
- Familiarity with Zurb Foundation for Sites
Nice to have
- Experience designing websites from scratch
- Familiarity with Brad Frost’s Atomic Design
- Familiarity with package managers, eg. Composer, Bower, Webpack
- Familiarity with task runners, eg. Gulp, Grunt
- History of open source community participation and code contributions
- Experience implementing WCAG 2.0 guidelines
- Experience developing with vueJS or React
- Experience developing Progressive Web Apps
How to apply
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- Your resume
- Your portfolio or links to recent websites you’ve developed (3 minimum)
- A short description of your relevant skills in the areas of expertise we’ve outlined and why you’re ‘the one’
- References (2 minimum)
BONE Creative is a full-service creative agency located in Victoria, BC, specializing in website design, graphic and logo design, and marketing strategies. Our in-house team delivers attractive and effective WordPress-powered websites, custom designs, and marketing results that work.
This is an on-site, contract position to start – 20-40hrs/week depending on experience. For the right person, there is potential for full-time employment that comes with full health benefits, paid holidays, free Friday lunches, and all the coffee you can drink.
We look forward to hearing from you.