JOIN OUR <TEAM> !
Hiring In-house Front-end Web Developer
Posted Jan 1, 2019
BONE Creative is looking for an in-house front-end developer with real-world experience to develop amazing WordPress websites from scratch.
At BONE, you won’t be stuck in a cubicle – it’s all about collaboration. You’ll be an essential part of a fast-paced team working on multiple web projects from start to finish…. Always new, always interesting.
This is a full-time position.
Required skills & experience
- Experience developing sites with WordPress, with a demonstrated ability to create real-world web solutions
- Expertise in coding WordPress themes from scratch to implement custom designs
- Well-rounded knowledge of key web technologies including HTML, (S)CSS and JS
- Intermediate knowledge of PHP and ability to develop WordPress themes and plugins
- Expertise implementing Responsive Web Design
- Familiarity with a modern development workflow including package managers, task runners, and version control (Git, Composer, Bower, Webpack, Gulp, etc.)
- Familiarity using cPanel and PhpMyAdmin to transfer, back up and restore files and databases
- You appreciate and can implement good design and best UI practices
Nice to have
- Familiarity developing based on Zurb Foundation for Sites
- Familiarity with Atomic Design with SASS and Maintainable CSS
- Familiarity setting up domains with WHM
- Experience designing websites from scratch, or working closely with designers and design tools (Sketch, etc.)
- History of open source community participation and code contributions
- Experience implementing WCAG 2.0 guidelines
- Experience developing with vueJS or React
- Experience developing Progressive Web Apps
How to apply
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- Your resume
- Your portfolio or links to recent websites you’ve developed (3 minimum)
- A short description of your relevant skills in the areas of expertise we’ve outlined and why you’re ‘the one’
- References (2 minimum)
BONE Creative is a full-service creative agency located in Victoria, BC, specializing in website design, graphic and logo design, and marketing strategies. Our in-house team delivers attractive and effective WordPress-powered websites, custom designs, and marketing results that work.
This is an on-site, full-time position that comes with full health benefits, paid holidays, free Friday lunches, and all the coffee you can drink.
We look forward to meeting you!